|Indian Festive Makeup Look|
Indian Festive Makeup Look #2 - Versatile, Quick & Easy
As I was sorting through my "Indian Wear" closet, I came across this Maroon Silk Kurta I got myself from "W for Women". It has these bronze accents in the form of embroidery, piping and cloth buttons and even though it may not conform to the norms of being "in", it is gorgeous. It is long, hugs my curves in the most flattering possible way and it is versatile enough to be worn to a myriad of different occasions...
However, since I bought it a couple of years ago, I was a little apprehensive about fitting into it now and so I tried it on and it FIT! Hallelujah!
The moment I put it on I wanted to deck up, try on some jewellery and see what kind of makeup would look with it... One thing led to another and I ended up a doing a full blown makeup look that I decided to share with you as Look #2 from my Indian Festive Makeup Look Book... Click to see my Indian Festive Makeup Look #1.
1. The key to this look is versatility... In the ideal world, one would get ample time to get ready and hop from one function to another resplendent in different outfits and varied makeup looks. However, the reality generally is a little different especially for married women celebrating these festivals in their in-laws' homes... I speak out of experience :)
On Diwali day for example, I have to get ready early in the morning cause we rush to one part of the city to do Laxmi Pujan in my dad-in-law's office then we rush to the other part to do the same puja in my husband and brother-in-law's office, after which we go to the club for a festive lunch. It is only after lunch when we get to get back home and then starts the decorating part of the day. Once that is done, we rush to get ready to the ghar mein Laxmi Puja and finally head out to celebrate the festival of lights with our friends...
See the pattern? Numerous occasions but not enough time to actually get ready for each of them individually... Thus the need for a versatile and a quick to achieve makeup look :)
2. For this look, I have used used a single shade of eye shadow and a very "common" lip color... But to bring the look up a few notches I have used a bronzer and a highlighter a little too freely :)
Variations of this Makeup Look
Instead of a purple eye shadow and a maroon lip color, you could opt of the following color combinations:
- Emerald Green eye shadow and a glossy light pink lip color.
- Bronze eye shadow and a glossy Red Lip color
- Shimmery Chocolate Brown eye shadow and a Maroon lip color
- Golden eye shadow and a matte Red lip color
- Royal Blue eye shadow and a glossy nude lip
Makeup Products Used
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder
NYX Eyebrow Pencil - Charcoal
NYX Matte Bronzer
Sleek Dark Mattes Eye Shadow Palette - Prune (Purple Eye Shadow)
Ardell Glamour Lashes - 101
Givenchy Rouge Interdit Lipstick - Mystic Pink
I hope you liked look.
Which combination would you go for?
P.S. I do not "photoshop" or edit my pictures at all.