ISLM Travels: My Dilli Haat Haul
This post has been due since a really long time! I visited Delhi over the long Eid weekend and though it was a short trip, I did squeeze in an evening of shopping all thanks to my sweet sweet in-laws! I am not very well versed with roads in Delhi and to be honest, I am pretty scared to be alone in Delhi and hence I am always waiting for someone to either take me places or at least accompany me to various places...
The pati when in Delhi is generally busy with work or his friends and hence this time my in-laws decided to take me around Delhi... The Dilli Haat in South Delhi has always been my favorite place to shop from but my in-laws this time had a different plan... They had heard about a *new* Dilli Haat that had been started in Janakpuri and since none of us had been there before, we decided to check it out...
The Dilli Haat in Janakpuri isn't fully operational yet. There are only 21 stalls and the food court that's operating... Crowd-wise I prefer the other Dilli Haat, however the one at Janakpuri had some unique stuf and because of a reduced crowd, the stall owners do entertain bargaining and I did get some great deals there.
So here's what I got from the new Dilli Haat :)
1. Buddha Fragrance DiffuserI am sucker for candles, fragrance diffusers, incense sticks, ambient lighting and all that jazz... If you follow me on Instagram, you'd know about it already ;) So when I came across this stall that was selling all of these things I knew I had to get something and this fragrance diffuser in the shape of Buddha meditating looked so unique! Plus I got it for INR 150/-!!! Awesome isn't it? :)
2. Embroidered and Embellished Sling BagI got this from a stall that was selling a lot of Gujarati handicrafts including mirrored cushion covers, embroidered bed covers, cowrie shell belts and other knick-knacks. What attracted me to this particular bag was the pastel shaded embroidery and the fake golden coins used as embellishments :)
I got this for INR 300/-
3. Kantha Embroidered Patch Work DupattaYou know I am a huge patron of handlooms and handicrafts and hence when I spotted a stall selling Kantha I knew I had to pick something up. I have a lot of Kantha sarees and dress materials but they are the typical embroideries on a solid base color. Why I picked this particular dupatta up was for the beautiful patchwork.
I got this for INR 1000/-
4. Cream Lace Cigarette PantsI am perhaps the last person to get onto the "cigarette pants under long kurta" bandwagon. And when I laid my eyes on this gorgeous cream colored net cigarette pants they simply beckoned to me.
Price: INR 700/-
5. Hand Painted and Handmade PotteryThese perhaps were the highlight of my shopping trip. The stall was from West Bengal and the artist himself was the stall owner. he and his would make these handmade pottery using the clay from the Ganges delta (that's what he claimed) and then hand painted them. Each and every piece was different from the other rendering every piece as unique!
Don't you think they are beautiful?