My Top Creams & Moisturizers This Winter
My dresser is a mess... My cupboard is a mess... My bed is not made... My kitchen feels cold and sterile... My laundry basket is full... All this because of no sun... Come winters and the winter sun just doesn't do it for me any more... Without the Sun I am irritable, lethargic to the point of being a sloth, my house becomes a mess and my skin and hair just go for a toss! I feel lifeless without the sun and so the pati calls me "jadoo", you know of the Koi Mil Gaya Fame... Ummm yeah... No surprise there!
So finally I pulled myself up and decided to make Winters work for me... I rounded up my favorite skin care products that work wonders for me and here I am sharing it with you all :)
My Top 6 Winter Skincare Products (Dry Skin)
1. The Body Shop Body Butter in Brazil NutIt is no secret that I am a TBS Body Butter lover so my Winter skincare starts and ends with a body butter. After having tried out so many, I zeroed onto this Brazil Nut Body Butter. Its moisturising properties and the way it makes me smell yummy the whole day makes it a clear winner!
For a full fledged review click HERE
2. The Body Shop Vitamin E Night CreamWomen with dry skin need to be extra careful of the cold and the dryness it brings along with it. This is due to the fact that we tend show wrinkles earlier than our oily skin counter parts... Thus a hydrating and a repairing night cream is a must and The Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream is my favorite on all accounts :)
To know more about it click HERE
3. The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hydrating Moisturising StickThis was a implusive purchase but something that I don't regret picking up. It is a moisturising stick and is best used for very dry parts of your body like elbows and knees. I personally use it as a chapstick as well... It smells divine and is a quick fix for itchy dry areas...
4. Pond's Silk CreamThis was a PR product and it had been a while I had picked up any Pond's product... So when I received this in my mail, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked for me :) I apply it as a day cream under my makeup and even though I work in an AC environment all day my face never feels dry... The subtle Pond's fragrance is a plus as it brings back all childhood memories for me :)
5. Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Cream + Serum DuoAnother PR product that achieves cult status on ISLM... This is one product that I feel works wonders for me... I generally wear it when I wear no base makeup at all and that means almost 70% of my time... It moisturises, it provides sunscreen and it is anti-aging... What else could I ever ask for!
For a review please click HERE
6. Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Vitalising Body Gel OilNow this is one product that have recently started using all thanks to my bestie for bringing it for me all the way from the US... It claims to be a gel oil and is perfect for applying all over your body after a hot shower. It locks in moisture and keeps your skin supple and glowing... It is a serious threat to my Body Butter addiction and I know I will eventually choose one over the other... Till then let me have both co-exist in harmony atleast this winter :)
So what products constitute your Winter skin care kitty?
Are you a one product for all kind of a person or do you need various potions to help you survive winter?