Tutorial For A Smudged Liner Smoked Out Look
I have these phases where I tend to stick to a particular technique of makeup for a really long time... My current phase includes doing up my eyes using the smudged liner technique to give myself a smoked out look... Of course the shade of the "smoke" keeps varying from Blacks to Browns to Purples but the base technique remains the same...
Today, I plan on doing a tutorial for the base technique of achieving a smoked out look by simply smudging your eyeliner. It seriously is as easy as it sounds and you will soon be trying it out in various colors and shades, I promise! :)
Here are the various looks I have created in the past with a single basic technique.
1. Brow grooming kit.
2. Eye prepping kit
3. Cream/Gel Eye Liner in a dark shade.
4. Black Eyeshadow
5. Dark Blue/Dark Purple/Dark Brown eyeshadow
6. Browbone Highlighter shade
7. Shimmery eyeshadow for highlighting the inner corners
8. Black Eyeliner
9. False Lashes
Tutorial For A Smudged Liner Smoked Out Look1. Prep your eyes with concealer and groom your eyebrows
2. Apply a highlighter shade on your browbone. I have used MAC Ricepaper.
3. Apply a cream/gel liner on the outer 1/3rd of your upper and lower lids. You could go for any dark color. However, if you need a subtle shimmer to the whole look then I'd suggest you to go for a liner that has glitter or shimmer in it. I have used Bharat and Dorris Cream Eye Liner in Shade 12
4. Using a flat smudger brush, smudge the cream liner before it dries up completely... You need not be neat with it.