Guest Post By: Shabby
Most of you must be familiar with the brand NYX but for those who are not, ‘Nyx’ is an American drugstore makeup brands who have an awesome range of products at reasonable price. With the online shopping sites offering Nyx it has become quite easily available. I ordered this pencil seeing it was on offer from an online shopping site.
The pencil is not a self sharpening one and has the Name of the shade and Brand inscribe on its body. I am reviewing the shade Black.
The pencil is fairly smooth and glides on eyes smoothly. It is very easy to smudge and create a Smokey eye look with this pencil. For this reason I use it mainly for my Smokey eye makeup as a base. It can be easily blended and holds eye shadow well. I have used it on the waterline too and sadly it bleeds. I have tried many tricks but still the bleeding does not stop. Though I must confess the black is a rich pigmented true glossy black. If you want an affordable eye pencil to use as a base of your eye makeup then this works well.
Price of NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in Black:
They cost INR 150/-
1. Rich pigmented black
2. The shade is glossy and not matte
3. Does not irritate eyes when used on water line
4. Quite affordable
5. Blends well for a smooth base for eye makeup
1. Bleeds when used on lower lash line
2. Product is wasted while sharpening
3. Very soft pencil , tips break off quite often
4. Looks unnatural if used as brow pencil (Yes I tried it just for the sake of this review :P )