I have always been extremely susceptible to the Flu :/ I have to have it at every season change. It's almost like a weather forecast that my body does before we embark into what the coming season offers... People keep telling me that this happens because I have weak immunity and that I should have a lot of Vitamin C and all that... Now I am person who has Oranges/Apples/Strawberries and Amla in my diet everyday single day so I doubt I have a Vitamin C deficiency and well as far as a weak immunity is concerned, it's only the Flu that catches up with me... My body seems to be quite immune to other viruses doing the rounds... Well anyways, the post isn't really about the deficiencies in my body but how I actually combat the flu in terms of makeup ;)
So going ahead, this is what I do...
- I apply absolutely no base makeup. Because of tending to my runny nose with tissues, I do not apply any foundation.
- But do remember to slather on a lot of moisturiser suitable for your skin. During the flu, our skin tends to get very dry and so it is important to keep it hydrated and moisturised.
- My eyes are generally very watery during this time and hence I do not use any liquid liners to line my eyes. As a matter of fact, I do not apply any liner on my upper lashline.
- I am a kajal addict and hence I always need something to line my lower waterline. But instead of using a BLACK kajal, I use either a blue or a green pencil liner. The reason is if your lower waterline is darker than your upper lashline, then you end up looking tired. Therefore instead of going all black, I user lighter shades of blue and green that also add a little zing.
- I do use generous coats of waterproof mascara on my upper lashes only.
- I apply my favorite powder blush on my cheekbones to give a little color to my face.
- Wear a bright MATTE shade of lipstick and I am ready to go :)
Have you checked out my "Flash Your Favorite Accessory" Contest? Enter here...